Pastoral Assistant 32.5 hrs per week , term time only
£17068 - £18475 (FTE £23,023- £24,920)
Protocol Education are working with a school in Oxford who are looking for a Pastoral Assistant to join their Student Services Team. The successful candidate will support Heads of Year in the management, monitoring, and promotion of positive behaviour, student welfare and safeguarding across the school.
The school is situated in Kidlington, on the northwestern edge of Oxford near to the new Oxford Parkway Station (a 50 minute journey from London). They are also fortunate to be at the gateway to the rural Cotswolds.
The school is part of the a larger trust - the collective vision is to be a Trust where pupils and staff thrive in schools which demonstrate:
- all-round education, academic success, lifelong learning and strength of character
- sustainable continuous improvement; no school standing still
- all schools being good and outstanding, or improving rapidly
- collaboration that is raising standards, and reducing workload
- where pupils, staff, parents and communities value all we do to support the best possible outcomes and experiences for our children and young people
The school can offer:
- Annual pay increase for support staff (in line with grade boundaries) and for Teachers (subject to government framework and successful performance review)
- A Defined Benefit Pension Scheme with favourable terms for all employees
- Moving from the public sector? Those without a break in service can be reassured that RLT will recognise their continuous service.
- Employee centred and family friendly policies and practises that support you in and beyond your workplace.
- Offering flexible working wherever we can, in order to support the work life balance of our employees.
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity leave, paternity leave and parental leave.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Funded eye tests and glasses for DSE users (subject to T/Cs)
If you are interested in the post, please submit your CV and I will be in touch.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.