• At least a level 3 qualification in childcare
• Some experience as a key worker and good understanding of the EYFS
• Experience with preschool age children (3-5 years) or a desire to gain experience with this age group.
Main purpose of the job:
• To provide a high standard of care and education for the children in line with the nursery policies and procedures, the Early Years Foundation Stage and OFSTED requirements.
• To work as part of a team in order to provide a fun, enjoyable and enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
• To build and maintain effective partnerships with parents to enable children's needs are being met.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure all children are safeguarded and protected at all times. Report any concerns about a child's wellbeing to a Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately.
• Provide play-based learning opportunities for all children.
• Ensure high levels of interaction with children in order to help extend their learning.
• Act as a key person for a group of children. Create individual plans/next steps for these children on a weekly basis in line with their developmental level and personal interests.
Extensive benefits package which includes:
- Amazing high street discounts
- Employee appreciation month with treats/meals for the team
- Access to training courses including Safeguarding, First Aid, Health and Safety and many more
- Excellent career opportunities
- Induction programme for new starters
Protocol Education is here to help you to make the right choice in your next career move - if you meet the criteria set above, or would like to find out more about this role, please apply now and a consultant will get in contact with you.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00.