I am currently recruiting for a Nursery Co-ordinator for a lovely nursery which is situated on the outskirts of Cambridge. The nursery provides a safe, caring and stimulating environment for young children. It aims to meet children’s physical, emotional, social and play needs. Children are respected as individuals and are encouraged to develop skills and knowledge at their own pace. Employees encourage children to explore and discover new experiences and widen their understanding of the world and other people. The job purpose is to take responsibility for the day to day co-ordination of either the older or younger age groups, assisting the Nursery manager in the day to day management of the Nursery, including taking overall responsibility for the Nursery in the absence of the Manager.
- To be responsible for one group of children, directly supervising and leading the other nursery staff working with this group.
- To supervise the care and safety of children, ensuring that the highest standards apply at all times.
- To provide a stimulating social and educational environment for young children.
- To encourage the children’s social, intellectual and emotional development through the pattern of care as outlined in the EYFS and in the Nursery Operational Policy.
- To plan and record activities on a weekly basis in consultation with the team.
- To keep written records of the development of children in your care and to deal with the administration for the children in your care relating to new admissions, collection of children, medication, accident record
- To liaise on a daily basis with parents/carers of children in your care and with any other relevant professional as needed.
- To bring to the attention of the Nursery Manager any concern relating to the health and safety of any child attending the Nursery and to implement care plans if needed, ensuring all relevant parties are involved
- To administer First Aid if required, and to undertake training as necessary
- To understand and comply with the CHS Safeguarding Policy and the specific procedures in respect of children..
- To co-ordinate planning and the use of resources within the older and younger age groups to ensure the best quality delivery of the EYFS.
The nursery is looking to interview the ideal candidate as soon as possible so if you are interested in this role or require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact Emily on 01223 email@example.com.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.