Do you have an NVQ Level 2/3 Qualification and enjoy working with 2-4 year olds?
My client is searching for a caring and committed Nursery Assistant to join their experienced and dedicated team on a full time basis starting in October 2016. The nursery is lcoated in the heart of Cambridge with great transport links.
You will be providing care and education for 2-4 year old children. A love of children and nurturing, flexible approach along with a NVQ Level 2 qualification (Level 3 preferred).
The ideal candidate must have experience working in an early years childcare/education setting with children aged 2-4 years which is essential.
• The ability to contribute to planning, set up and managing of a high quality setting
• A willingness to learn and develop personal skills by attending appropriate training, in
and out of working hours
• The ability to acquire knowledge of health and safety requirements for childcare, 2-4
year olds and the ability to put them into practice
• A willingness to undergo safeguarding, health, police and Ofsted checks as required
by the setting
• Ability to plan and share ideas with colleagues
• Good skills in communicating with staff, families and the wider community, including
the Children’s Centre
• A good knowledge of the latest Early Years Foundation Stage
• A creative approach to planning and developing exciting and stimulating play/learning
opportunities in line with the policies and practice of the setting
• The ability to respond to children’s interests and to develop their own ideas
• A good understanding of child development and of the factors affecting children’s
health and wellbeing
• A respectful and nurturing approach to all children
• The ability to support and develop children with a range of skills and needs
• Good skills in observing, assessing and recording children’s progress and
If you are interested in this role please email me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.