We are currently recruiting for a fun and friendly candidate for one of our nurseries located in Cambridge city centre looking to start in October 2016. You will be taking care of, play with or teach children while they are at the Nursery in the day time. The ideal candidates should be highly trustworthy and attentive to children’s needs. Talking to and interacting with the children, keeping a watchful eye on the children's behaviour, encouraging shy children to participate and maintaining discipline. You do not always need formal qualifications to start training as a nursery worker, although a good standard of general education, such as GCSEs, including English and maths, would be helpful
Qualifications and Training -
• Minimum NVQ Level 2 in Childcare and Education essential, NVQ Level 3 preferred.
• Working in an early years childcare/education setting with children age 2-4 years -
• The ability to contribute to planning, set up and managing of a high quality setting
• A willingness to learn and develop personal skills by attending appropriate training, in
and out of working hours
• The ability to acquire knowledge of health and safety requirements for childcare, 2-4
year olds and the ability to put them into practice
• A willingness to undergo safeguarding, health, police and Ofsted checks as required
by the setting
• Ability to plan and share ideas with colleagues
• Good skills in communicating with staff, families and the wider community, including
the Children’s Centre
• A good knowledge of the latest Early Years Foundation Stage
• A creative approach to planning and developing exciting and stimulating play/learning
opportunities in line with the policies and practice of the setting
• The ability to respond to children’s interests and to develop their own ideas
If you would like to apply for this role please email me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.