PMLD/SLD/ASD LSA's required in Bexley
Are you experienced working with SEN children? Protocol education would love to hear from you.
We are currently recruiting for SEN Learning Support Assistants in the Bexley area.
We have a wide range of exciting positions available for either day-to-day or long-term supply with students that have PMLD/SLD/ASD needs.
Your main duties will include:
• Inspiring and interacting with young adults with physical and mental difficulties.
• Assessing individual learning needs and working on a group basis.
• Preparing materials, equipment and lessons
• Assessing and reporting on individual pupils' progress
• Assisting with the personal care needs of pupils; this may include feeding, changing and manual handling.
• Liaising with parents, carers and professionals such as mainstream teachers, education welfare officers, social workers and Healthcare professionals
The successful candidates need to have previous experience of working with SEN students and have a strong desire of getting involved in every aspect of the school. Experience with children and young adults that have PMLD, SLD, ASD & MLD would be preferable.
Other experience & qualifications desirable:
• Team Teach/MAPA qualified
• Positive handling
• Restorative justice
• First Aid trained
Successful Applicants will be subject to references and an up to date DBS or be willing to apply for a Protocol DBS.
Protocol Education offers all Teaching Assistants:
• Excellent rates of pay
• Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
• A wide variety of different positions, both day to day and long term
• Continued support through all placements
• Free CPD courses
Contact Kyle at Protocol Education on 02089711284 for further information. Or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a snippet of what Protocol can offer you:
Guaranteed Worker Pay - (GWP)
Looking for a bit of job security, but unsure about committing to a role sight unseen? A Guaranteed Work Agreement (GWA) could be for you.
If you want to work as much as possible for your first term in the UK, but can also see the appeal of settling into life in England through daily supply, GWA provides
the perfect balance. It’s a simple solution: we’ll guarantee you a set number of days of supply work per term, in return for your exclusive
commitment to Protocol Education for the duration of the agreement. Easy!
Every teacher registered with Protocol Education in the UK has access to a whole range of continuing professional development (CPD) courses, with many based around
improving your knowledge of special educational needs (SEN).
While you’re increasing your experience in the classroom, these courses will help you build skills and expand your career in new directions.
Take a look at some of the courses we’re currently offering on our website here:
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.