Learning Support Assistant – Newham
I am urgently recruiting for several Primary Schools in the London Borough of Newham in their search for strong Teaching Assistants and for teaching assistants to work with children with SEN or to support pupils one-to-one or in small groups on a temporary basis, to ensure they access the full curriculum.
Applications are also welcome from Graduates in Maths, Science or English (other subjects may be considered) who wish to gain in-school experience prior to undertaking teacher training for the role of Learning Support Assistant.
We are looking for:
- EAL skills and experience
- Youth workers; Child Minders; Coaches; Mentors (experience working with young pupils)
- Behaviour management skills
- Experience with ASD, SpLD or Dyslexia and/or any other learning difficulties
- Sats and exam booster experience
- One-to-one or small group tuition experience
- Good classroom management skills in line with school behaviour policy
- A professional manner
- Strong interpersonal and organisations skills
In return Protocol Education can offer.
- Local job opportunities with a dedicated consultant
- Access to professionally accredited training and courses including Cache Endorsed Learning Programmes (ELPs)
- In-branch workshops and seminars delivering skills and knowledge TAs need to be effective in the classroom and beyond
- Competitive Pay rates.
- The peace of mind of working with a reputable and established company
To apply please register your details and send in an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will be subject to Protocol Education’s child safety standards and background checks.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.