Protocol Education is recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant who specialises in supporting children on the Autistic spectrum. This position is in a vibrant and multi-cultural two form entry, mainstream Primary School located in the heart of Islington, it will be 5 days a week from 8:15- 16:00, you will work alongside the class teacher and the Schools SENCO. The child you will be supporting is non verbal and does have challenging behaviour, therefore the suitable candidate must have experience using either PECS or Makaton and experience supporting challenging behaviour.
You MUST have;
• Experience using Makaton or PECS
• Experience working with children or adults with Autism
• Enthusiastic and outgoing personality
• Excellent team work and communication skills
• Experience supporting challenging behaviour
• Knowledge of the Primary National Curriculum
• A high regard for inclusion and equality
• The ability to make a positive contribution to the school as a whole
What we can offer
• CPD workshops including, Introduction to SEN, supporting students with ASD & Behaviour management
• Competitive rates
If you are interested in this position please email your up to date CV – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.