Protocol Education Ltd. is currently seeking experienced Learning Support Assistants to work 1:1 with children in EYFS, KS1 & KS2 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) problems.
The successful applicants will be confident with their behaviour management skills, as well as literacy and numeracy skills since the role involves supporting pupils with Maths & English. The candidates will be following the children’s IEP and ensuring they work towards their targets. Additionally, the candidates will be recording all progress and any incidents throughout the day and .liaising with the SENCO and other support staff discussing strategies to support the children during the lessons.
Essential skills and attributes:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional working manner
• Minimum grade C in Maths and English at GCSE
• Experience of working with children with challenging behaviour
• Good understanding of the Primary School curriculum
• Excellent behaviour management skills
Preferred skills and attributes:
• A good degree in a relevant discipline (2.2 or above)
• A childcare or teaching assistant diploma (or other relevant qualification)
• or other restraint training)
In return we will offer you:
• - Competitive rates of pay.
• - £50 Referral Bonus for each friend/colleague you refer to us.
If you feel you have the relevant skills, experience and qualifications, please contact Kate: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0208 371 7900 or apply online at www.protocol-education.com
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.