A vibrant primary school in Kentish town is currently looking for a caring Learning Support Assistant to work 1:1 with a Key Stage 2 child. The child has special education needs which include Down syndrome and Autism and will require support on a full time basis.
The school values inclusion and celebrates diversity, encompassing values of respect, responsibility and embracing the rights of the child. The applicant will need to have an inclusive way of working and foster a positive attitude to diversity. In order to communicate effectively with the child experience in Makaton or PECS is essential and a calm positive attitude is highly recommended.
Role will include:
• Planning for the child, preparing resources according to needs of the child.
• Liaising with the school SENCO
• Following and maintaining the child’s IEP
• Using Makaton to communicate with the child when required
• Managing and supporting the child’s behaviour
• Providing a positive, stimulating and safe environment for the child
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to email@example.com or call Sophie Brunton on 0203 219 7715.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.