Do you have a passion for working with special needs students?
This is a special needs school for students with severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorder. The pupils have profound and multiple learning difficulties, with severe physical and sensory difficulties. These pupils are highly dependent on adults for all aspects of their learning as well as their self-care and mobility so you will be sure to help children gain independence so that they can meet many challenges in society
If you have experience or an excellent understanding in any of the following areas then this opportunity could be for you
- Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties
- Moving and Handling trained
- ASD (autistic spectrum disorder)
- VI (visual impairment)
- SLD (severe learning difficulties)
To apply for this position you would ideally;
- Have good communication skills
- Have strong and effective behaviour management
- Work well under pressure
- Have the ability to inspire students to be active in learning
- Experience working in special schools or with SEN students
We offer day to day, short and long term work
We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00.
If you would like further information about this role, please call Frances on 0114 252 1975 or email email@example.com, speak soon!!