We are currently looking for Learning Support Assistant to work within a specialist SEND school.
The role is 0800-1600 Monday to Friday and is temporary at first but may become permanent for the right person. This role is ideal for someone who is wanting day-to-day roles with the possibility of long-term positions also.
As we know working with young people can be a very rewarding but, at times, a challenging experience that requires patience, adaptability, and a can-do attitude.
The role of the SEND Learning Support Assistant is to support young people with an identified Special Educational need or disability. You will be supporting students to break down any barriers that may arise with their education, whilst actively engaging them in their studies to achieve their goals.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will
- Build and maintain successful professional relationships with young people.
- Support a named pupil or a group of students in traditional and non-traditional learning environments
- Offer a supportive approach in a role-modelling/mentoring capacity
- Assist learners with their physical, personal care or medical needs promoting independence
- Implement specific educational programmes for young people.
- Deliver activities to small groups of identified young people.
- Record observations on young people's behaviour and progress
- Experience of supporting students and young adults
- Experience of working within education
- Knowledge of SEN needs
- The understanding that needs change and being able to adapt to those changes is essential
- Genuine interest and passion for the role
- Able to follow directions whilst being able to work on your own initiative
Experience of behaviour that challenges will be an advantage.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.