Learning Support Assistant 11-18 SEMH All Boys School, Wiltshire
Protocol Education work with a number of Alternative Provisions that provide Education for students with various Special educational needs. We have multiple opportunities for both experienced and aspiring Learning Support Assistants in an all boys SEMH 11-18 school based in rural Wiltshire.
- X1 SEMH LSA starting in September, Full time
Please note if you have previous experience but are only available on a part time basis then you may be eligible for different roles we currently have so please still contact Charlie Johnson on 0117 9453965 and apply.
Work as part of a team in a classroom environment to supervise young people at an Alternative Provision.
Contribute to classroom management whilst providing engaging 1:1 support and broader classroom support for pupils permanently excluded from mainstream schools.
Provide a stable and relaxing learning space for students by challenging their learning and encouraging them to achieve more than what they believe their capable of.
Ensure that they always feel supported and are treated in a non confrontational manor.
Build mutual trust with students by acting as a positive role model and successfully deliver structure and boundaries of behaviour.
• Positive Attitude
• A passion for working with Vulnerable students
• Willing to process an Enhanced DBS Check and register it on the Update Service
• Experience of working in a classroom
• Experience of coaching, not in a classroom environment
• Residential PRU Experience
• Experience of working with challenging behaviour
• Mentoring/ coaching of male pupils
The schools we work with have high expectations of staff. Each Provision is extremely supportive and wants someone who has integrity, is passionate and remains calm.
Register with Protocol Education to apply for this role and connect with other schools, academies and nurseries recruiting near you
Protocol Education offers all Teachers and teaching staff:
• Excellent rates of pay
• Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
• A wide variety of positions, both day to day and long-term
• Continued support through placements
• 24 Hr Emergency contact numbers
• Weekly Pay
• The opportunity to work in a variety of settings
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates registering with Protocol must have undertaken (or be willing to undertake) an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service.
We look forward to your response. Please contact Charlie Johnson 0117 9453965 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.