Our client schools, located in the heart of Newham, are seeking experienced and qualified Learning Mentors, to support children in overcoming difficulties in their learning, with the belief that every child has the right to achieve their full potential, regardless of any barriers that may appear to be in the way. Therefore, schools would be looking for candidates who share this ethos and are motivated to clearly demonstrate this in their work ethic.
The ideal candidate should:
• Have recent experience working as a Learning Mentor in a primary school - a Graduate would be an advantage!
• Be competent in Literacy and Mathematics – any intervention experience where they have supported pupils in groups or one to one.
• Have the ability to develop excellent working relationships with pupils.
• Have experience of working with pupils with challenging behaviour.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of different key workers, including SENCOs and outside agencies.
If you believe you are the right candidate, please get in touch with us ASAP – we would love to hear from you!
If you’re already registered with Protocol and know of a fantastic Learning Mentor, you can earn yourself £50 for referring a friend! Please contact us for more details.
Please respond to this advert with an updated CV.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.