SECONDARY SCHOOL SUPPORT ASSISTANT NEEDED!
I am working with a school in the London Borough of Croydon, and we are looking for a Teaching Support Assistant! The school is for pupils that have Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs with associated challenging behaviour. This School offers a nurturing approach to academic and social development. They have a dedicated Therapy team that work in a range of different ways using Play, Music, Drama and Art. The school also have close links with CAMHS, The School Nursing Service and other professional agencies. The school use the National Curriculum to teach and educate the pupils whilst tailoring lessons and activities to their individual needs. The school also pride themselves on their close relationships with the Parents/Carers helping to support the development of the pupils.
The successful candidate should:
- Have a good academic background with some experience/knowledge of working with pupils that have Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs
- Have experience or a good understanding of working within a Secondary School setting
- Hold an up-to-date DBS or be willing to apply for one
- Hold a safeguarding qualification or be willing to complete a safeguarding course
ALL APPLICANTS WILL REQUIRE THE APPROPRIATE QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING FOR THIS ROLE AS WELL AS THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK.
- You will be required to work alongside and support the classroom teachers and other teaching assistants with everyday activities and lessons.
- To work in small groups and adapt lessons/activities to suit the ability of the pupil/pupils that you are working with
If you think that you are the right candidate for this role, then we would love to hear from you! Please apply and someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible to discuss this role further!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.