Can you provide good teaching and learning opportunities and an engaging and interactive curriculum?
Are you able to provide children with the experiences to develop independence and the responsible attitudes that will enable them to become active, caring and well-rounded members of the community?
Are you an enthusiastic and innovative teacher with the experience to hit the ground running in September?
This focused and forward-thinking Ofsted graded ‘Good’ 3 form entry primary school situated in a largely residential area of Doncaster has an exciting opportunity for a talented Key Stage 2 teacher.
The school boasts a well resourced ICT suite as well as spacious grounds set amongst their own attractive woodland conservation area so an interest in Forest Schools is desirable. Staff have high expectations which has lead to the school achieving good progress in core and foundation subjects across the board. The provision of challenging, interesting and engaging activities and the modification of lessons to suit different learning styles all help to accelerate levels of attainment.
You will initially be on a 2 term maternity cover contract (which may be extended for the right candidate) and you will be responsible for a class in lower Key Stage 2.
It is a happy and friendly school where children not only acquire an impressive range of basic skills but they know how to co-operate, overcome anger, take responsibility, negotiate and care for others. The school prides itself on setting and modelling high standards of behaviour and expect their children to be polite, well-mannered and to act responsibly at all times. Parents are supportive and children love coming to school to learn.
Our client has requested that teachers with a minimum of 2 years teaching experience in UK schools apply, preferably Key Stage 2 specialists, although this is not completely necessary as the right person will be able to bring their experiences from other year groups to help raise levels of attainment for all abilities.
Do you think you are up to the challenge?
In addition to the experience listed above, a successful applicant will have:
- experience of delivering a rich and well-rounded curriculum where creative learning is promoted
- relevant phonics training to help continually develop literacy levels
- an idea on how to improve children's perseverance so that they are constantly striving towards achieving their best at all times
- a good sense of humour and a cheery disposition
Protocol Education is a leading specialist education recruitment agency. Each year, we help thousands of teachers and support workers find roles to suit their individual needs.
You will need the following to apply:
- References to cover your previous 2 years of employment history (preferably within UK schools)
- A relevant teaching qualification and registration with the Teaching Agency (formerly GTC)
- An enhanced DBS check and for it to be signed up to the update service (or be willing to have a new one processed through Protocol)
- Legal right to work in the UK
This advert has been placed on behalf of one of Protocol's clients and we look forward to welcoming the response.
We will endeavour to respond to all successful applicants within 3 working days.