KS1 Teaching Assistant

Location: Hillingdon
Job Type: Contract
Industry: Primary Teaching and Learning Assistants
Reference: PE11224877
Salary: £60 - £75 per day
Job Published: 8 months ago

We are currently working with a friendly and inclusive Primary school in the London borough of Hillingdon, with good public transport links as well as access to parking. They are seeking to recruit an experienced KS1 Teaching Assistant, who will be able to provide specialist support in this area.

You must have proven experience either from placements or previous work experience as a Teaching Assistant or Learning Support Assistant. They are looking for someone who will be able to show initiative and enthusiasm to take on a range of duties throughout the day, and be flexible to the changing timetables.

Your duties will include supporting groups/individual pupils with a range of class based learning, so it is essential that you are familiar with supporting especially with areas such as phonics and that you have the ability to boost attainment whether this is from your own academic background or skills and experience from your previous employment.

As part of your role as a Teaching Assistant you also have Lunchtime duties which will involve organising structured games/activities within the playground you will need to have good behaviour management techniques and the ability to work as part of a team.

The ideal candidate will have a positive and proactive approach to their role; this job would suite someone who is looking to develop their career in Education and gain further skills and experience in order to progress, however you will need to be able to demonstrate how your previous experience will enable you to rise to the challenges of your role as a Teaching Assistant in order to provide excellent academic support to the children you will be working with.

This role is full time- school hours between 8:15am- 4:00pm, however people looking for a minimum of 4 days a week may be considered, the role is to start ASAP so you will need to be able to prove references and either have or apply for a DBS on the online update service.