Primary Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant
Protocol Education are currently working with a school based in Newham who are looking to add to their Key Stage 1 Team for the new academic year.
This is a large 3 form entry school, and your role would consist of working across Key Stage 1 to help raise attainment.
You would be expected to run interventions, work with children with SEN 1:1 and undertake more general class duties.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a school that will really invest in your training.
They are looking for caring, enthusiastic, and inspiring TA’s who can get their youngest students excited about learning. You will need to be adaptable and ready to think on your feet to keep up with the active Key Stage 1 students in this school!
A strong knowledge of the KS1 curriculum and in particular, phonics, would be highly beneficial for this role.
This post will suit candidates who are committed to working positively to provide the best learning opportunities for their pupil and who are committed to developing themselves professionally.
This role would be perfect for Graduates who are looking for a years’ experience in the classroom before training to be a teacher.
The school is situated conveniently between several overground and underground stations.
The successful applicant will:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a calm and consistent approach
- Be able to commute to Newham
- Have a supporting and encouraging manner with young children and an ability to inspire trust and to motivate the child in their care to integrate and learn through play
- Have the ability to be flexible and to work as part of a team
- Be required to work closely with Class Teachers and staff, Parents, Special Needs Leader and Outside Agencies
- Be able to use their initiative in meeting the needs of the child and in adapting and/or developing activities and games that support the development of the child’s independent communication and learning skills
The school can offer:
- A positive, supportive, and welcoming ethos that will allow you to develop professionally
- A fully inclusive ethos for all who learn and work in our community
- A commitment to doing the very best for all children in our school
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If you are looking for a rewarding challenge and have the suitable qualifications and personal qualities, we would encourage you to Apply Now.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.