Experienced LSA's needed for immediate start - SEND School - The school is based near Wallington/Carshalton
** You must have an existing ADULT WORKFORCE DBS OR be willing for us to process one for you **
We have long term / block bookings available as well as daily supply opportunities
The school is for learners aged between 3 and 19 years that have Severe Learning Needs (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and especially for those who in addition are on the Autistic Spectrum (ASD) and Complex Needs. Existing experience is a must as we would like LSA's to start immediately and work 1:1 with pupils to support them along their learning journeys.
Ideally, you will;
• Be available to start immediately
• Able to work a minimum of 4-5 days per week
• Existing experience working with children with communication difficulties/ASD spectrum or other SEND backgrounds
• Confidence dealing with pupils with different abilities
• A good knowledge of the national curriculum or confident in supporting small groups with particular subject/s (e.g. Numeracy, literacy booster groups)
• Cable of dealing with challenging behaviour, promoting focus, classroom management and on-going 1:1 support where necessary
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Hold an existing ADULT Workforce DBS Certificate or have one in process - (We can also process one for you)
As a support specialist (LSA), you will support and facilitate pupil's academic, social and personal development encouraging pupils to develop their social skills, cater for different abilities and age groups, incorporate creative activities to help learning and using resources to make lessons fun and creative. This will include working with pupils on a small group and individual basis, as well as supporting the class teacher.
Protocol Education offers all Teaching Assistants:
• Excellent rates of pay
• Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
• A wide variety of different positions, both day to day and long term
• Continued support through all placements
• Free CPD courses
Contact Leanne Wilson at Protocol Education on 0208 971 1284 for further information get in touch with me and apply with your updated CV