The school use a therapeutic and practical skills curriculum, they successfully support students to re-engage with education and as a result of this support, they can re-imagine and realise their potential.
The role is suited for someone very positive and resilient who understands that the challenging behaviour is part of the pupils' condition. As this roles involve working with pupils on the ASD spectrum, typically with challenging behaviours and complex needs, previous experience of working with pupils in SEND settings is ideal but not essential.
For this role, you will ideally need:
- To be able to work 8:30 to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- To start on a temporary contract and then permanent
- Confidence dealing with pupils with different abilities and SEND requirements
- Able of dealing with challenging behaviour, promoting focus with strong classroom management and on-going 1:1 support where necessary
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- General knowledge / good understanding of ASD
- On the job training
Protocol Education offers all Learning Support Assistants:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
Successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory references, as well as possessing an up to date DBS or be willing to apply for one through Protocol Education
If this role is of interest to you, please feel free to contact Frances at Protocol Education on 0114 252 1975 for further information. Alternatively, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.