Start date: September 2022
Protocol Education are working with a secondary school who seeking to appoint an ICT Technician to provide IT support service to the staff, students and trainee teachers.
This 11-16 comprehensive secondary school located in Walthamstow are looking for someone who can provide effective and efficient resources for pupils and staff.
The role requires you to set up and maintain equipment for practical lessons, and to organise resources and materials for lessons across the age range including GCSE and A level classes.
As an ICT Technician you will be working along side other engineers to support the delivery of IT staff and students.
The state-of-the-art facilities, engaging curriculum and pleasant behaviour from the students have gained the school the overall score ‘Good’ for their Ofsted report.
This school is situated with excellent public transport links and onsite parking for drivers if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be flexible, adaptable and capable of handling the various pressures and demands associated with this demanding and customer focussed ICT support role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, including Office 365 and Office 2016, SharePoint and other desktop related software products.
- Experience of working in an on-site IT based, Customer Service environment.
- Proven experience of supporting Microsoft products, including Office 365 and Office 2016, SharePoint, and other desktop related products.
- Recent experience of supporting Apple and Windows 10 PCs, laptops and tablets.
- Provide high-quality technical support, advice and guidance to the staff and students.
- Log all incidents and service requests accurately on the Service Management system.
- Identify, implement and document Known Issues and workarounds for desktop related issues within the Knowledge Base.
What the school can offer:
- Supportive and extensive collaborative networking opportunities
- Professional development training
- Supportive staff members
- On-site parking
If you are intetredted in this role, please apply immediately to be considered for this role.
Closing date: Friday 29th July 2022
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.