Closing date 25th July
Start date 1st September
A delightful, one-form entry school based in central Bristol are looking to appoint a full-time teaching assistant to support students with various special educational needs. The school offer specialist provision to support the students in their care and ensure that they flourish.
The students you will be working with may have ASD, SEMH needs, EHCPs and other additional needs.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a calm, caring and flexible approach
- Be understanding, empathetic and enthusiastic
- Have experience of working with students with SEN/D (desirable)
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to use their initiative to adapt activities to meet the needs of the students
- Be self-motivated
The school can offer:
- Continued professional development (CPD) opportunities
- A new tailored curriculum to meet the needs of all students
- A supportive and inclusive environment
- A sense of unity and family feel
- Students who are eager to learn and supportive families
- A busy atmosphere where something fun is always happening, from chess club to singing practice
- Treats in the staff room
- Guinea pig cuddles when needed
Please apply or get in contact with the Protocol Bristol office if you have any further questions.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.