Start date: September 2022
Contract: Full time (school are willing to accept part time candidate)
Protocol Education are seeking to appoint a Graduate Teaching Assistant to support Key Stage 3 to 4 students.
The successful candidate will work 1:1 with selected students, and support small groups both in mainstream classes and in the inclusion area via intervention sessions.
If you are a graduate and considering a career in teaching, a learning support assistant position is the ideal way to gain classroom experience and decide if education is right for you.
This Graduate Teaching Assistant post will give you excellent paid experience so that by the end of the academic year, should you wish to do so, you will be ready to embark upon a teacher-training qualification.
The school is made up of a diverse community where everyone is valued, respected, and trusted and where staff and parents/careers work together to achieve and celebrate success.
Qualifications & Experience of a Graduate Teaching Assistant:
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Basic knowledge of SEND and learning barriers
- Basic knowledge of strategies in working with young people with challenging behaviours
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, supporting the learning of students.
- Experience of managing and being responsible for own workload.
Responsibilities of a Graduate Teaching Assistant:
- Supervise and provide support for identified students.
- Working with the teacher to ensure the provision supports each identified student’s learning needs.
- Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on students’ achievement, progress, and needs.
- Lead 1-1 and/or small group sessions and interventions.
- Support with behaviour management, using appropriate strategies in line with the school policy
In return the school can offer:
- An outstanding track record at GCSE and A level
- Extensive professional development
- Vibrant and supportive culture
- Excellent facilities
This role will start in the new academic year (September 2022). If you are interested please apply immediately to be considered.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.