Graduate TEACHING ASSISTANT
Hounslow mainstream school
Secondary students aged 11-16years
8:10 am – 3:30pm Full time
The role includes :
- supervise and provide support for students with SEN to enable them to learn as effectively as possible1-1 or in-group situations
- to support students in the development of basic skills, e.g language, reading, writing, spelling and mathematics, encouragement of concentration and social skills
- support their access to the curriculum through clarification and reinforcement of the subject & monitor/report the progress on any achievements or developments.
- encourage students to engage in activities led by the teacher & assist with the development of the student’s basic ICT skills
- adapt classroom resources to enable the students to access the learning activity at their appropriate level of understanding
- hold a good communication where appropriate with staff & parents/careers.
- model positive behaviour demonstrating high expectations of work and behaviour
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.