Are you a qualified or experienced sports coach? Are you a graduate with an interest in working with children? Do you have personnel experience of children with SEND? Are you interested in a future in teaching? If the answer to any of these questions, then the following role may be ideal for you.
If successful you will supervise classes during the short term absence of the class teacher, which will include delivering work set by the regular teacher, managing student behaviour and assisting students in relevant activities.
The role of the Cover Supervisor demands flexibility and initiative. Your focus will be on supporting progress by providing classroom supervision for students whose regular teacher is absent. You will be expected to deliver pre-planned learning activities and establish productive working relationships with students in a stimulating and orderly learning environment. Experience of supervising young people within a similar setting is essential, as is the ability to safely manage classroom activities.
The successful candidates will:
• Be able to work independently and with initiative
• Be interested in the development of young people
• Have good communication skills
• Be energetic, well-motivated and flexible
• Have a professional manner and plenty of common sense
• Be educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
• Be able to work with ICT including interactive whiteboards
So what's in it for you?
• Flexible work both part time and full time
• Competitive daily pay rates
• Opportunity to take on permanent work/apply for Initial Teacher Training Programme
• Regular work within local secondary schools who are local to you
• Free in-house training courses (SEN, Cover Supervisor, behaviour management, safeguarding)
• Dedicated consultants committed to supporting your career ventures
back to job search
|Job Type:||Supply Teaching|
|Industry:||Secondary Cover Supervisors|
|Salary:||£60.13 - £71.25 per day, Benefits: PAYE as you earn|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|