Are you an aspiring secondary teacher ?
Looking to inspire the next generation ?
This role is flexible with full time & part time opportunities available 8am-3:30pm
Role & Responsibilities ;
- To supervise whole classes when teachers are absent and to assist students in completing work set to ensure that effective learning takes place.
• Check lessons to be covered each day.
• Collect cover work via email/from the cover box in the Staff Room.
• Be punctual for the start and end of lessons and begin lessons promptly.
• Register the class every lesson (within the first 5 minutes) using the school's electronic registration system as a check on punctuality, internal truancy etc. and ask students to use your title or Yes' or Yes Miss/Sir'.
• Explain to students the work that has been set and project it/write it on the board. Distribute resources as appropriate.
• Supervise the class in the absence of the class teacher, expect and encourage high standards of work and assist the students in completing work set.
• Do not permit the students to leave the classroom without a valid reason. Students should be issued with an out of lesson pass in their contact book if they leave the room.
• Check the room is tidy and litter free at both the beginning and end of the lesson and, if not, ask students to assist in tidying up.
• Follow the school's Behaviour for Learning Policy with due regard to behaviour expectations, rewards and sanctions.
• Follow up on any behaviour issues promptly using the School's procedure - by the end of the day unless serious in which case immediate action is required.
• Use school systems to remove students who disrupt the learning of others.
Ask students to stand before being dismissed formally at the end of the lesson - students should leave the class before you.
• Make sure the board is clean before you leave the room, turn off the interactive whiteboard and log off the computer.
• Return lesson details, register and work completed by students to the pigeon hole of the member of staff you are covering before the end of the day.
• Undertake form registration for absent form tutors, supervise students during form time and undertake any duties required of the absent form tutor in this time
• Uphold the ethos and policies of the school, including the commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
The successful applicant is likely to demonstrate the following qualities/skills:
have a degree
hold extremely strong behaviour management
be well organised
have excellent communication skills and student engagement
be flexible, self-motivated and self-directed
be calm under pressure
have good IT skills
have attention to detail
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see protocol-education.com/FAQs for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers, if your certificates are not within the last 12 months. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.