Are you a functional skills teacher looking for a new adventure? Can you provide creative teaching and learning to engage pupils that are hard to engage?
We are currently working with a number of pupil referral units in Leeds that are looking for an experienced functional skills teacher to work on a temporary basis which could lead to a permanent role. Pupils attending a pupil referral unit setting are likely to have been permanently excluded from mainstream school and can present with severely challenging behaviour. This role would suit an individual with knowledge and experience in teaching pupils with behavioural difficulties. It would be highly important to be enthusiastic about teaching in a pupil referral unit as it can be challenging however a highly rewarding environment.
For this Functional skills teacher role, you will:
• Teach and assess Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT.
• Devise a programme of learning with appropriate teaching and learning strategies, resources and assessments.
• Preparing teaching materials.
• Demonstrate a positive climate for learning.
• Be innovative and creative in every lesson to ensure pupils are engaged and stay on task.
• Have the ability to stay professional at all times when any situation occurs.
• Follow the behaviour policies and procedures.
• Team Teach trained is adventurous, but not essential.
• Must have a current DBS on the update service.
If you are interested in this Functional Skills Teacher role, email your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information about the role, call Tracey on 0113 246 8220.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.