Protocol Education is currently seeking an outstanding SEN Teacher with additional responsibilities as a SEN Co-ordinator.
Our client is an independent primary school in Wembley, who are looking to appoint a full time SEN Teacher from September 2016 until July 2017, although, if successful, the role may be extended.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the school’s SEN policy and general SEN assessments and administration duties. You will co-ordinate additional support for SEN pupils developing effective ways of overcoming barriers to a child's learning and ensuring that they receive effective teaching. You will assess the child’s needs and set targets for their improvement. You will also liaise with parents, teachers and other external services which might be involved, and report to the head teacher.
The successful candidate must have:
- A Qualified Teacher Status (either a PGCE or Cert Ed.; SEN teaching qualification is not essential but will be an advantage)
- Very good Knowledge of British National Curriculum and the ability to plan differentiated work
- A wide experience teaching in the UK (preferably as SEN Teacher)
- A valid DBS or willing to undertake an application for one.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Excellent teaching references
- Strong behaviour management and communication skills.
Experience in a leadership position is desirable but not essential. Also, experience in a PRU or a SEN school would be a bonus.
Additionally, the candidates must be available for interviews as soon as possible. The school would like to appoint immediately.
In return we offer you:
• Competitive rates of pay
• Social nights out with the rest of Protocol staff
• £50 Referral Bonus for each friend/colleague you refer to us.
If you feel this description matches your personality, please contact Kate: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0208 371 7900 or apply online at www.protocol-education.com.
We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.