We are currently looking for experienced Learning Support Assistants to work 1:1 with pupils in Key Stage 1 and 2 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties (EBD) at various primary schools in the London Borough of Brent area.
The children require support with their Literacy and Numeracy skills and have challenging behaviour so the successful applicants will need to be confident with their behaviour management skills and Literacy and Numeracy skills. This will also involve mentoring other SEN pupils in the school with their social skills and behaviour in lessons.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Providing 1:1 support to children with SEMH.
• Assisting the children with their work - in particular their Literacy and Numeracy skills.
• Recording all progress and any incidents throughout the day and relaying this information to the SENCO.
• Following the children's IEP ensuring they work towards their targets.
• Using effective behaviour management when the children becomes defiant in line with the school's behaviour management policy.
• Liaising with the SENCO and other support staff regularly - discuss strategies to support the children during lessons.
• Preparing resources to assist the children in lessons.
• Taking the children to a designated area away from the classroom when they become anxious, stressed or upset.
• Carrying out general administrative duties as required e.g. photocopying.
Essential skills and attributes:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Professional working manner.
• Experience of working with children with challenging behaviour.
• Good understanding of the British National Curriculum.
• Excellent behaviour management skills.
• Good working knowledge of SEMH.
In return we offer you:
• Competitive rates of pay
• Social nights out with the rest of Protocol staff
• £50 Referral Bonus for each friend/colleague you refer to us.
If you have the relevant qualifications and experience please email your CV to Kate on email@example.com or simply contact us on 0208 371 7900.
We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.