Protocol Education is looking for Learning Support Assistants.
The majority of our schools have a number of children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties (SEMH). What we’re looking for are individuals who will be able to support such children with their Literacy and Numeracy skills and who will work efficiently and confidently with challenging behaviour. The roles will also involve mentoring other SEN pupils in the school with their social skills and behaviour in lessons.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Providing 1:1 support to children in Key Stage 1 & 2 with SEMH.
• Assisting the children with their work - in particular their Literacy and Numeracy skills.
• Recording all progress and any incidents throughout the day and relaying this information to the SENCO.
• Following the IEP, ensuring they are effectively working towards their targets.
• Using effective behaviour management when they become defiant, in line with the school's behaviour management policy.
• Liaising with the SENCO and other support staff regularly - discuss strategies to support the children during lessons.
• Preparing resources to assist the children in lessons.
• Taking the children to a designated area away from the classroom when they become anxious, stressed or upset.
• Carrying out general administrative duties as required e.g. photocopying, wall displays etc.
Essential skills and attributes:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Professional working manner.
• Experience of working with children with challenging behaviour.
• Good understanding of the Primary School curriculum.
• Excellent behaviour management skills.
• Good working knowledge of SEMH.
If you have the relevant qualifications and experience please email your CV to Kate on firstname.lastname@example.org or simply contact us on 0208 371 7900
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.