A lovely primary school in Killburn is currently looking for an experienced Learning Support Assistant to work 1:1 with a child in Year 1. The child requires support with their literacy and numeracy skills and have challenging behaviour so the successful applicant will need to be confident with their behaviour management skills and literacy and numeracy knowledge.
This is a full time role starting in September and continuing until July 2017. The school may extend the contract if they are happy with the successful applicant's work.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Providing 1:1 support to a child in Key Stage 1
• Assisting with the pupil's work - in particular Phonics
• Recording all progress and any incidents throughout the day and relaying this information to the SENCO
• Following the child's IEP ensuring they work towards their targets
• Using effective behaviour management when the children become defiant, in line with the school's behaviour management policy
• Liaising with the SENCO and other support staff regularly - discussing strategies to support the child during lessons
• Preparing resources to assist the child in lessons
• Motivating and engaging the child with the classroom activities
Essential skills and attributes:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional working manner and passion for working with children
• Strong literacy and numeracy skills (applicants are required to take written test at the school)
• Experience of working with children with challenging behaviour & excellent behaviour management skills
• Good understanding of the Primary School curriculum
Although not essential, good degree in a relevant discipline (2.2 or above)
• OR A childcare or teaching assistant diploma (or other relevant qualification)
• or other restraint training)
In return we offer you:
• Competitive rates of pay
• Social nights out with the rest of Protocol staff
• £50 Referral Bonus for each friend/colleague you refer to us.
If you feel this description matches your personality, please contact Kate: email@example.com / 0208 371 7900 or apply online at www.protocol-education.com.
We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.