Based in South Manchester this is a successful primary school in a lovely village.
Reporting to the school Bursar and as part of a team fulfilling the financial operations of the school, covering the day to day functions for the other team members as and when required.
Assist the School in making the best possible use of resources through effective planning and rigorous financial management.
To assist the Bursar in monitoring business contracts with external providers and service level agreements with local authority providers, ensuring compliance with the Academies Best Value principles.
To assist the Bursar with tender preparation, specification, evaluation and monitoring.
To attend Governors meetings or sub committees if required, advising governors where appropriate.
To maintain business partnerships with external agencies services and other commercial suppliers.
To assist with the preparation of the annual budget in conjunction with the Bursar and the Headteacher
To prepare regular management accounts for budget holders.
To aid pupils, parents and staff in the use of the school payment system.
To advise all members of the Finance Team and Headteacher on accountancy issues within the School's financial processes.
To carry out the following processes in accordance with the School's Financial Regulations Manual including:
• Processing of orders and invoices to ensure punctual payment for goods and services
• Ensuring balancing and closing off of all accounts is undertaken monthly
• Organising and maintaining an assets register
• Processing collection of income and paying in to the bank
• Completion of VAT claims to HMRCT plan and prepare for the completion of the statutory accounts and report.
• To be responsible for seeking information from the School's insurance providers and handling any claims that arise.
• To aid the Bursar in preparing all financial returns for the EFA and government returns within the statutory deadlines.
SIMS experience is a must and experience of Live Kitchen would be desirable.
For more information on this role please contact Steph Simmons on 0161 200 8500 or email email@example.com
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.