Are you creative in your teaching and learning? Can you deliver high quality, innovative lesson plans for pupils in a special school setting?
We are currently working with two special schools in the Wakefield area that are looking for a specialist SEND teacher to work on a temporary basis from EYFS to KS1 with the possibility in becoming a long term role.
You will be teaching a wide range of SEN such as; ASD, Complex needs, Downs Syndrome and SLD. It is highly important that you have had experience teaching pupils at P-Levels, Makaton and PECS. Pupils with SEN have many differentiated learning styles, therefore it is essential to understand how best to strategically plan teaching and learning that encourages sensory activities.
For this EYFS-KS1 SEND Teacher role, you will have:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status.
• Plan and prepare innovative lessons.
• Have the ability to conduct observations and assessments.
• Be creative in your approach to teaching and learning.
• Have knowledge and experience of P-levels.
• Have the ability to provide a positive climate for learning.
• Adapt learning activities to best suit the needs of the pupils.
If you have the right skills and you are interested in applying for this role, email your C.V to email@example.com or for more information call Tracey on 0113 246 8220.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.