Protocol are looking for teaching assistants that specialise or are highly experienced working with children with special needs such as profound multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and speech and language difficulties. Experienced assistants will be required to work with SEN students across all ages in our outstanding SEN schools in South West London.
Successful candidates will be required to work one to one as well as lead small groups of children with PMLD & ASD and speech and language difficulties in specialised settings.
As a specialist TA successful candidates will need the following skills and qualifications to qualify for this exciting post:
• To have worked with children with special needs such as PMLD, ASD and speech and language difficulties.
• Experience working with children with challenging behaviour.
• Excellent communication skills, the ability to use initiative and work well under pressure.
• Be able to differentiate work to support needs of children
• Experience in personal care such as feeding and changing.
• Experience in manual handling hoisting
• TEACCH, PECS or Makaton experience
• Team Teach qualified is desirable
• Positions are subject to an enhance disclosure barred service
Successful candidates will benefit from:
• Competitive pay
• Continued support from experienced specialist consultants
• Free CPD courses
• Working in a established school
If you have all of these qualities and would like to work with Protocol, please submit your CV.
Please note only candidates with the relevant qualifications and legal right to work in the UK will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Protocol Education is a leading supply teaching agency. We find jobs for teachers and teaching assistants in schools throughout England.
Our aim is to provide schools with the supply teachers, teaching assistants, support and SEN staff they need to be successful. At the same time, helping teachers, teaching assistants and nursery staff to find rewarding and career-enhancing jobs.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.