Are you committed in providing high quality support to pupils in a Special school setting?
Have you got experience working in a special school and looking for new opportunities?
We are currently working with a number of special schools around the Huddersfield and Kirklees area that are looking for experienced learning support assistants to work in their establishment on a temporary basis. For the right individual this role can lead to a permanent role. Working in a special school setting requires individuals with a specific skills set and someone that has knowledge of supporting pupils with a wide range of SEN.
For this Experience Special educational needs assistant role, you will:
• Must have at least 6 months experience supporting pupils with SEN in a special school or similar setting.
• Have knowledge of supporting pupils with Complex needs, ASD, SLD and behavioural issues.
• Have the ability to stay resilient and professional at all times.
• Record and observe any educational developments made by the pupil or pupils you are supporting to the teacher.
• Having knowledge and experience of PECS, MAKATON or BSL is desirable, but not essential.
• Have the ability to demonstrate how you would deal with certain situations in a calm and professional manner.
• Follow policies and procedures accordingly.
• Build trusting relationships with the pupil or pupils you are supporting in order to get a better understand of the needs.
• Have experience of personal care and hygiene.
• You must have a DBS on the update service for this role.
• Team Teach training is desirable, but not essential.
If you are interested in applying for this role, email your C.V to email@example.com, or for more information call Tracey on 0113 246 8220.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.