Experienced PMLD/SEND Teachers required for 2016/17
Protocol are looking for a teacher who is experienced working with children with profound multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) or teachers looking to develop their skills within SEN. We currently have a wide range of exciting positions available for either day-to-day or long-term supply in SEN schools across the key stages.
The role will require leading, delivering and co-ordinating lessons and curriculum to students that have physical disabilities, cognitive and developmental difficulties. You will need to be committed to ensuring pupils make good progress and encourage pupils to reach their potential through engaging and stimulating teaching.
Your main duties would include:
• Inspiring and engaging with children or young adults with profound & multiple learning difficulties.
• Assessing individual learning needs and working on a group basis.
• Assessing and reporting on individual pupils progress.
• Liaising with parents, carers and professionals such as mainstream teachers, education welfare officers, social workers and Healthcare professionals.
Successful candidates will need the following skills and qualifications:
• QTS or a UK recognised teaching qualification
• To be able to differentiate work to students depending on their need and abilities.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with other staff members.
• The ability to use initiative and can work well under pressure.
• PECs or Makaton trained is desirable . Experience is desirable
Protocol Education offers all Teachers:
• Excellent rates of pay
• Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
• A wide variety of different positions, both day to day and long term
• Continued support through all placements with a dedicated consultant.
• Free CPD courses
Please note, successful Applicants will be subject to references and a DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for a Protocol DBS.
Protocol Education is a leading supply teaching agency. We find jobs for teachers and teaching assistants in schools throughout England.
Our aim is to provide schools with the supply teachers, teaching assistants, support and SEN staff they need to be successful. At the same time, helping teachers, teaching assistants and nursery staff to find rewarding and career-enhancing jobs.
Contact Alex at Protocol Education on 020 89711294 for further information. Or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org