Protocol are looking for experienced and caring teaching assistants/intervenors with a qualification in BSL to support deafblind pupils within a multisensory special needs school. As a learning support assistant/intervenor you will be expected to contribute to the development for deafblind pupils.
Successful candidates should be committed to ensuring the highest possible outcomes for deafblind pupils and to work in partnership with their families and wider teams such as occupational therapy team.
As a specialist British sign language TA/Intervenor, successful candidates will need the following skills and qualifications:
• A caring, empathic approach to supporting deafblind children and young people
• Competency in using communication methods appropriate for deafblind pupils
• Good health as the work can be physically demanding
• A knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding
• The ability to demonstrate a high level of professional behaviour
• British sign language (BSL) level 2
• Experience working with early years, primary and secondary children and adults.
• Positions are subject to an enhance disclosure barred service
• Excellent strategic & communication skills, the ability to use initiative and can work well under pressure.
Successful candidates will benefit from:
• Accredited CPD to enhance career development
• Competitive pay
• Working in an established school
• Easily accessible to transport links.
If you have all of these qualities and would like to work with Protocol, please submit your CV ASAP.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Protocol Education is a leading supply teaching agency. We find jobs for teachers and teaching assistants in schools throughout England.
Our aim is to provide schools with the supply teachers, teaching assistants, support and SEN staff they need to be successful. At the same time, helping teachers, teaching assistants and nursery staff to find rewarding and career-enhancing jobs.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.