SEN Teacher – English
Protocol Education is working in partnership with a South Yorkshire SEN School who are currently seeking an English Teacher to join their successful and established team on a . The School has excellent reputation for providing a safe environment for their pupil who have complex issues including mental health and Social Emotional and Behavioural difficulties.
• Experience teaching English at KS3 and KS4
• To engage and encourage pupils to learn and develop within the subject area
• Provide a well organised and stimulating classroom, whist maintaining a safe environment for all pupils
• To plan and deliver exciting, differentiated learning that extends all groups of pupils.
• Work off initiative and be prepared to hit the ground running within a diverse classroom setting
• To follow the School’s Curriculum and to offer broad and balanced programmes of study, based as far as possible on the interests and first hand experiences of the students.
• Delegate and work along side Teaching Assistants within the classroom to ensure the pupils safety
• Quality lesson planning, teaching and learning
• Manage behaviour effectively
• To work in partnership with parents and other agencies, so that they are actively involved in and informed of young person’s education and progress and how they can support their learning further.
• Assess record and report on the development, progress and attainment of children.
Follow all the aims and objectives of the school.
To be considered for this role the candidate must demonstrate a strong and confident teaching ability in the subject area and have the passion and drive to develop pupils with SEBD and mental health issues. The successful candidate will ideally have worked in a challenging environment, have excellent behaviour management skills and an enthusiastic approach.
Apply today for this and more information about other opportunities that are available with Protocol Education. Please contact Liz Furniss, Specialised SEN Consultant, Sheffield Branch, 0114 2521975 or email on email@example.com
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.