Are you an English teacher excited for a new challenge? Would you like to join a school community, which values the development of its teachers and invests heavily in CPD? We are working in partnership with a Secondary School based in Hackney who are looking for a teacher to join their dynamic English team. The school are committed to providing the environment and training for you to develop your career and refine your practice.
What the school can offer you:
- An open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- Outstanding facilities and resources;
- Rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- An Ofsted outstanding School
The ideal candidate will be:
- A clear communicator with strong values and sense of moral purpose.
- Able to teach English at Key Stages 3&4 - Experience of teaching up to KS5 is desirable however, not essential.
- Creative, forward thinking attitude and unapologetically passionate about your subject.
- Committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school.
- Willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom.
- Hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
The English department plays a key role in the School’s achievement and development, and the department is a driven and cohesive team who demand the best from each other and from their students. The right candidate would benefit from entering a supportive environment with a wide range of skills, innovation and experience. There is no requirement to be experienced in SEN / ASD and we would welcome NQT / Early Career Teachers, or more experienced teachers to apply.
If you would like to be considered for this vacancy, please apply immediately.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.