Protocol Education are currently looking for an English Graduate to work in a thriving, well known Secondary school in the Dudley area. The school are looking to offer an English Graduate a part time or full time opportunity as a Cover Supervisor, covering secondary English lessons within an established timetable from years 7-11, KS3 & KS4.
You will be working within a large team of a variety of experienced cover supervisors, graduates, teachers and the senior leadership team, to deliver high quality lessons in the absence of the usual teacher. You will be provided with the lesson plan, cover work and any resources needed in order for you to be able to deliver a consistent and engaging approach to the lesson, that keeps students engaged, proactive and on track with their learning.
As a cover supervisor you will responsible for the following;
• Supervising and leading work pre-set in accordance with the schools’ guidelines, and ensuring such work is carried out to the best of their abilities
• Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they undertake their work and ensuring a constructive and positive environment is always enforced.
• De-escalating situations within the classroom in the correct way certifying safeguarding procedures are always adhered.
• Collecting of work at the end of the lesson and returning it to the appropriate recipient.
• Reporting any safeguarding concerns using the school’s referral procedures and safeguarding policies.
This role is ideal for someone seeking to gain valuable classroom experience prior to embarking on a teaching career, or a great opportunity for any graduates seeking a bold new career change.
Skill set: English Degree
• Someone who truly cares for the education of children and thrives in an environment working with likeminded individuals.
• A person who has a passion for installing confidence, knowledge and skills into forming children into becoming members of society later in life.
• Somebody with desire to go the extra mile for their students and truly influence their futures.
• A character who truly makes a difference in the classroom and enjoys working with young people.
• Excellent communication skills; Verbal/written and reading comprehension
• Degree Educated
• Proven track record of positively impacting the lives of children, please note - this can be in any field.
• Right to work in the U.K & DBS on the update service (DBS application to be obtained at the cost of £40 if not on the update service)
What you can expect from Protocol Education;
• An extremely competitive pay rate of £70 - £85 per day (dependant on experience)
• Weekly pay which is paid through PAYE (No hidden umbrella costs)
CPD courses & Free Webinars during half terms
Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT/ ECT) Network & community
CV writing & support
Social events, opportunity to network with other educational staff
• A team of professional and experienced consultants to guide you
• Around the clock support and assistance from Protocol Education
If you are interested in this position please apply through this advert or through our Protocol Education website.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.