ELSAs are Emotional Literacy Support Assistants. They are teaching assistants who have received specific additional training from educational psychologists on aspects of emotional literacy including emotional awareness, self-esteem, anger management, social and friendship skills, social communication difficulties, loss, bereavement and family break-up.
ELSAs continue to receive ongoing supervision following their training. Their role is to support children and young people in school setting by helping them to understand and regulate their emotions, whilst also respecting the feelings of those around them.
- Be empathetic and patient when dealing with students across EYFS-KS2
- Experienced at nurturing looked after children
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic, be able to work using your own initiative but also be able to contribute to a dedicated team
- The ideal candidate will be professional and passionate about supporting children in education
The school's qualities:
- OFSTED 1
- Can offer the successful candidates support and professional development with excellent opportunities for career progression.
- Excellent support from staff and external agencies
- Passionate about using creative teaching spaces
- Full time position at end of placement
Protocol Education are required to take safeguarding steps which include:
•2 year professional references and work experience, gaps listed
•Proof of address and right to work in the UK
In return, here at Protocol Education we offer:
•Competitive rates of pay.
•Free continuing professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
•Ongoing honest, friendly support from our recruitment specialists who maintain 21 years of educational experiences.
•Bonus refer a friend' payment scheme.
•CV and interview advice and support.