Do you get a real sense of satisfaction knowing that you have helped a child who has learning difficulties? Are you passionate about each individual child getting the opportunity to reach their full potential no matter what learning barriers may be in the way?
Protocol Education are wishing to appoint a specialist worker with extensive experience in supporting pupils with learning challenges and specifically those with dyslexia. If you hold the skills and have the experience to further and enhance the quality of provision for students with dyslexia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia, ADD, and pragmatic and semantic language difficulties then please get in contact with our team.
Part of your role will be to liaise with the special educational needs co-ordinator to offer feedback on pupil progress. You will provide specialist support 1:1 and in small focus groups to pupils with Dyslexia so they are fully involved in the curriculum.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience in delivering SEN and specific Dyslexia provision within the secondary sector
• Will be able to devise specific programmes and resources for dyslexic students to support their progress and inclusion in the curriculum
• Be able to enthuse, engage, motivate and challenge students to exceed their expectations
• Desirably have knowledge of a range of assistive software
Key responsibilities will include:
• To ensure the accurate assessment of learners with Dyslexia
• To assist the SEN Progress Leader
• To contribute to the further development of dyslexia-friendly teaching styles and resources across the school
• To plan and develop personalised learning programmes for identified learners
If you are interested in this position or would like to enquire about other roles I have currently have available then please call Laura at Protocol Education on 0114 2521975.
Protocol Education brings schools and staff together. We find jobs for teachers and intervention specialist in schools throughout England, and we can help you find the classroom role that's right for you.