DT and Art Technician - starting ASAP (can consider a September 2022 start)
DT and Art Technician required
Protocol Education are working with a secondary school based in Oxford who are on a very exciting time in its journey.
This is a school with great students and ambitious, talented staff, who aim to develop students who have the belief in themselves that anything is possible. They want each one of them to aspire to be the best they can be without any limitations and it’s important to them that their staff feel the same.
- Passionate about working with young people and the importance of education?
- Able to relate to young people?
- Organised and creative
- Dynamic and organised with good attention to detail?
- Someone with good communication, interpersonal and ICT skills
If so, then this could be the role for you.
They are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who could provide some technician support for the Art and Design Technology subject areas. You will be joining well led and well resourced subject areas and be joining an excellent team.
The purpose of the role is to provide timely support to the teaching staff in the Art and Design technology subject area and involves:
- helping to prepare and provide materials for lessons
- ensure stock levels are maintained
- ensure all health and safety regulations are followed
- undertake administration tasks
- undertake some cover within the art and DT subject areas
- knowledge of ceramics; photography; graphics; food; textiles and resistant materials would be preferable but is not essential.
The role is adaptable to meet the skill set of the right candidate and you would be supported in this role by two experienced subject leaders. Training will also be provided.
The school is part of a larger trust, and their collective vision is to be a Trust where pupils and staff thrive in schools which demonstrate:
- all-round education, academic success, lifelong learning and strength of character
- sustainable continuous improvement; no school standing still
- all schools being good and outstanding, or improving rapidly
- collaboration that is raising standards, and reducing workload
- where pupils, staff, parents and communities value all we do to support the best possible outcomes and experiences for our children and young people
If you are interested in this DT and Art Technician job, please submit your CV and I will be in touch
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.