Are you looking for your next opportunity in Central London and want to make a difference in a supportive working environment? If this is you – we want to hear from you!
I am working closely with a prestigious Secondary School based in the Central London borough of Camden.
They are currently recruiting for a Secondary Design Technology Technician to join their team from SEPT22. If this Design Technology Technician job is of interest to you, please get in contact today.
About the School:
My client is looking for suitably qualified candidates to join their staff. The school is a large 4-5 form independent school based in Camden.
- The school has outstanding facilities with state of the art sporting facilities. The school has a strong focus on pastoral care and personal development.
- The school offers students an outstanding opportunity to learn and achieve in a purpose-built environment with access to the highest standards of teaching, support and challenge.
- The school values empowering their students for life and work in a rapidly changing world.
- Results: Students have achieved excellent results performing above average over time when matched against like schools and National averages.
- The staff numbers are quite large. There is large SLT presence supporting larger curriculum departments. The school looks for ambitious staff, who are enthusiastic, hardworking, conscientious and energetic individuals. The school offers a range of staff benefits and opportunities in terms of professional development.
About the role:
My client is looking for Design Technicians – open to both newly to the profession and established practitioners.
As a dedicated Design Technician, we aim to:
- Work within your parameters
- Be transparent with you in expectations about availability and details of any assignment
- Support you with providing opportunities to CPD (such as Safeguarding courses)
As a design and technology technician, your tasks would include:
- preparing, setting up and checking equipment
- supporting teaching staff and students during lessons
- putting away equipment after lessons
- ensuring a safe environment
- organising and storing equipment and checking stock
- repairing, maintaining and modifying equipment
- administrative tasks
- Degree in Engineering or Technological subject Qualification is preferable
- Able to support a range of lessons and schemes of work including but not limited to craft skills, use of tools, computer-aided design, graphic communication and electronic/mechanical systems
- Strong Literacy and Numeracy skills is a must.
- LVL 3 Teaching Assistant Qualifications would be advantageous.
- Must display calm and professional approach to assisting managing class expectations and behaviour standards
- Highly organized and good communication is a must. Must be able to work collaboratively and take direction from other staff.
- Steady career or study history with ability to supply a minimum of 2 recent references covering the last 3 years.
- Clients are open to candidates with good to outstanding references.
What we offer:
- Dedicated consultant working on your behalf
- Day to Day roles with progression to long term roles
- long term role for suitable candidates matching specific positions and placements
- Access to Safeguarding professional development – with over 50 online courses available to Diploma and Certificate level
- Competitive rates
- Representing and trusted by more than 4000 clients across the UK – being preferred suppliers to schools
- We’ve assisted over 10,000 candidates being gainfully employed
- Protocol Education has received REC status, won ISO 9001 Customer Service awards and Investors in People accreditation
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.