We are working in partnership with a mized 11-18 Secondary School based in Dagenham who are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspiring Teacher of Design & Technology, starting from September 2022.
The ideal candidate will have both the commitment and ability to enthuse and motivate each and every students to ensure excellent progress is made by all. You will be a dynamic teacher who encourages a love for Design & Technology through both their teaching and their involvement in co-curricular offers. The successful candidate should have a genuine passion for the subject, the ability to be an outstanding teacher of their subject and be committed to raising achievement, raising aspirations and going the extra mile.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a department on a journey of exploration, where teachers are supported and encouraged to develop their classroom practice through a wide range of development opportunities.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified teacher
- Be passionate about teaching and learning, ready to embrace new ideas and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Have Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievement and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum and have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments particularly those relating to Design Technology
- Have high expectations for yourself and the children
- Be a team player, with a good sense of humour, willing to work as part of teams across the school
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
What the School offers:
- Great facilities and resources
- A friendly and supportive staff who are always happy to help each other and share good practice
- Strong support from line managers and SLT
- A strong CPD programme and the opportunity to deliver as well as receive training
- Access to a middle leader development programmes
- Dedicated ECT support including your own subject mentor, school ECT coach and reduced teaching timetable
- Free tea and coffee
- Free on-site parking
To be considered for this Design & Technology vacancy, please apply immediately. Closing date for applications is Friday 15th July 2022.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.