Deputy Head Teacher
(temporary to permanent)
An exciting, progressive and career enhancing position has opened up with one of Protocol Education's Primary School clients in Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
They are now looking for a Deputy Head Teacher to join their SLT in September 2017 and support the school and Head Teacher in promoting the school's ethos and vision.
This larger than average, 3 form entry school is based in Rotherham, South Yorkshire and has close links to the M1 and M18, so would be suited for someone based in Rotherham, Sheffield, Doncaster or Barnsley.
It is a welcoming, lively and Ofsted graded Good school, where the children are happy and make good progress as they move through school. Upon leaving Y6, pupil's attainment is above average and children feel confident in their abilities throughout.
The SLT are incredibly supportive of all staff, including their supply staff. All the team work closely together to ensure the school remains positive and is always making good progress.
Protocol Education have supplied the school with 4 long-term teachers over 2016/2017 to cover maternity and a retirement - 3 of these have progressed into permanent contracts due to a mutual enjoyment of the placement.
Full Responsibilities for Leadership and Teaching
• Promote the vision and ethos of the school, and promote high quality teaching and learning across the whole school
• Hold ambition and drive for the school and work rigorously with the Head Teacher to move the school to the next level of performance
• Contribute, implement, model and monitor whole school policies ensuring consistency across the whole school
• To facilitate positive relationships with all stakeholders including governors
• To assist the Head Teacher in formulating and leading on the developing excellence plan
• Work alongside the Head Teacher to monitor outcomes for quality of teaching and learning, assessment, personal development, behaviour/welfare and effectiveness of leadership
• Acknowledge excellence and challenge poor performance across the whole school and with all staff
• Lead staff meetings
• Support and mentor staff to move to the next level of performance
• Analyse and interpret tracking data for the whole school, reporting findings including strengths and areas to develop with the Head Teacher.
• Work with the Head Teacher to raise standards and accelerate progress across the whole school
• Take responsibility for safeguarding learners at all times including the role of Deputy Safeguarding Lead.
• In the absence of the Head Teacher be responsible for the school and accountable for decisions taken in absence; ensuring close communication at all times
• Hold positive values and attitudes and adopt high standards of behaviour in your professional role; consistently demonstrating positive attitudes, dignity, loyalty and integrity.
Teaching - Will involve 5 mornings per week, teaching Y5 groups
• Promote high quality teaching and learning across the whole school
• Teach challenging, well-organised lessons and sequences of lessons
• Model outstanding practise, leading by example at all times
• Use assessment to drive teaching and promote this across the whole school
• Always place the children at the heart of teaching, understanding their learning needs in relation to what motivates them to learn and progress at the best possible rate, using this to deliver high quality learning
• Be flexible, creative and adept at designing learning sequences within lessons
• Take a creative approach to the curriculum, using hooks to motivate and inspire learners as well as a range of opportunities including learning outside the classroom
• Plan to meet the needs of all learners including those of high ability, those with disabilities and relevant groups
• Draw on a range of assessment evidence to inform planning
• Demonstrate an awareness of the physical, social and intellectual development of children and how to adapt teaching to support pupil's education at different stages of development
• Promote equality and inclusion in teaching
Qualified Teacher Status
Attendance at Senior leadership training programmes e.g. NPQSL
Knowledge and understanding of the primary curriculum
Knowledge and understanding of assessment practice
Recent successful experience as an Assistant Head Teacher/Deputy Head Teacher
Successful experience of accelerating progress and achieving high outcomes
Ability to promote the vision and ethos of the school
Successful experience of creating partnerships with parents to support learning
Ability to manage time well and work to deadlines
Effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Resilience, flexibility, integrity, loyalty and commitment
Ability to build effective relationships built on trust and mutual respect
Eligibility to work in the UK
If you meet the above criteria and are looking to take the next step within a wonderful school, apply now. If successful you will hear from our Primary Consultant Kate within 1 working day.
Closing date for the position is 1st March 2017, interviews will be help in the following week.