The school focuses on a holistic approach to learning and uses sensory and therapy strategies in their daily timetable to combine an individualised curriculum and calm and purposeful environment. The children that attend the school have complex needs, ASD, behavioural difficulties and SEMH needs, as well as other individual needs. All children have an EHCP plan which will be shared when working with them to ensure consistency and familiarity within their learning and individual goals. You will be working 1:1 with pupils as well as supporting within the classroom. This means being adaptable, proactive and positive. Using your creative background in Arts, sensory, therapy or drama, you will be able to uniquely support SEND pupils with a variety of needs and emotions within their daily lives and education. Using your creative nature to engage, promote confidence, distract and positively influence meaningful, fun and supportive learning and progress.
Role: Creative/Artistic Youth Worker
Start Date: Monday 26th April 2021
Location: Henbury, BS10/ Shirehampton, BS11/ Thornbury, BS35/ Redfield BS5/ Kingswood BS15 (Roles across all these sites)
Skill set: Arts background/degree/sensory or therapy background/drama background/degree/SEND experience
On going role with the potential to turn permanent.
Protocol Education are looking for a candidate who;
-Believes that every student, regardless of their background or need, can make outstanding progress
- Is rigorous, relentless, determined, creative, creative and inspirational in their style and presence as a leader
- Utilises a variety of teaching methods to present engaging, thoughtful lessons and CPD sessions
- Is caring and has the drive and passion to continue to develop strong relationships and the well being with staff, students, parents, governors, professionals and the local community
Protocol Education are required to take safeguarding steps which include:
- -DBS check
- 2 year professional references and work experience, gaps listed
- -Proof of address and right to work in the UK
Protocol Eduction can offer;
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- CPD during half term or summer, plus free Webinars
- Candidate social events
- NQT Support Network
- £250 refer a Teacher bonus
- CV writing assistance and marking tools
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this role - please contact Hollie on 0117 945 3965 for more information.