Protocol Education have an opportunity for a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and authoritative individual to join a school as a Cover Supervisor.
The ideal candidate will be required to manage a classroom environment ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by absent teachers.
You will be working within a secondary school based in Bury St Edmunds.
Responsibilities would include:
- Covering pre-planned lessons across a range of departments.
- Managing classroom behaviour.
- Implementing the school’s behaviour policy and small group support.
- Maintaining welfare and safety of students.
- Opportunity to gain experience in selected departments within school – future teachers programmes.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to complete a PGCE, this role will help to ensure that teaching is the right path for you. Experience working as a cover supervisor is highly recognised when applying for a teaching post. Within this role you will develop an understanding of education systems and curriculum, improve your behaviour management skills, and can network for career development.
There are potential opportunities to work on future teacher programmes, whereby the school can support you through your teacher training.
To be suitable for the role you will:
- Be available for full time work . The working day is 8.30am to 3.30pm, term time only.
- Hold some relevant experience working with young individuals, ideally between the ages of 11 years – 18 years (voluntary experience is accepted).
- Hold strong behaviour management skills and be comfortable managing large groups of students.
- Be resilient, confident and adaptable.
- Experience with special educational needs children is highly regarded but not essential.
- Have a passion for supporting young people..
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.