Are you looking for your next opportunity in Central London and want to make a difference in a supportive working environment? If this is you – we want to hear from you!
I am working closely with a Secondary School based in the Central London borough of Hackney.
They are currently recruiting for a Secondary Cover Supervisor to join their team from MAY & SEPT 2022. If this Cover Supervisor job is of interest to you, please get in contact today.
About the School:
My client is looking for suitably qualified candidates to join their staff. The school is a large 5+ form school based in Hackney.
- The school has large open spaces, along with the most up to date technology.
- It has outstanding sporting facilities as well.
- The school has a strong focus on creativity.
- The school offers a warm, welcoming and supportive staff, generating a strong community spirit. The school also has a number of additional incentives, both professionally and for wellbeing.
- The school values students aspiring to reach excellence. They pride themselves on providing creative teaching and learning opportunities, as well as a number of extra-curricular activities.
- Results: Students have achieved excellent results performing above average over time when matched against like schools and National averages.
- The staff numbers are quite large. The school looks for ambitious staff, who are enthusiastic, hardworking, conscientious and energetic individuals. The school offers a range of staff benefits and opportunities in terms of professional development. The school has pupil to teacher ratios than are inline with the national averages.
About the role:
My client is looking for Cover Supervisors – open to both newly to the profession and established practitioners.
As a dedicated Cover Supervisor, we aim to:
- Work within your parameters
- Be transparent with you in expectations about availability and details of any assignment
- Support you with providing opportunities to CPD (such as Safeguarding courses)
- Maintain contact and making sure that you are supported fully to reach your potential
- Demonstrate strong behaviour management techniques. Able to promote behaviour for learning.
- Qualifications and coaching badges are advantageous for this role. Previous experience as a Cover Supervisor or candidates wanting to pursue a teaching career would be looked upon favourably.
- Steady career or study history with ability to supply a minimum of 2 recent references covering the last 3 years.
- Experience working closely with students is desirable, such as sporting coaches or existing teacher assistant work.
- Highly organized and good communication is a must. Must be able to work collaboratively and take direction from other staff.
What we offer:
- Dedicated consultant working on your behalf
- Day to Day roles with progression to long term roles
- long term role for suitable candidates matching specific positions and placements
- Access to Safeguarding professional development – with over 50 online courses available to Diploma and Certificate level
- Competitive rates
- Representing and trusted by more than 4000 clients across the UK – being preferred suppliers to schools
- We’ve assisted over 10,000 candidates being gainfully employed
- Protocol Education has received REC status, won ISO 9001 Customer Service awards and Investors in People accreditation
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.