You will be responsible for the preparation of nutritious and appetising food in line with current Health and Safety requirements, and to contribute to the ethos of the school by developing and maintaining positive relationships with staff, pupils and visitors.
Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
Qualifications: Cook Level 2, at level 2, there is an expectation to hold the CIEF 'Food Safety in Catering' Level 3 qualification or equivalent.
- To be responsible for the preparation and serving of food to children and staff in accordance with current food hygiene regulations
- To be responsible for menu planning giving due consideration to nutritional and dietary requirements
- To maintain a high standard of hygiene and clearing within the kitchen, food preparation and storage areas
- To be aware of the Health and safety implication of the role performed and adhere to any requirements of the Group/School Health and Safety Policy
- To relate to colleagues, pupils and visitors in a proactive and appropriate manner
- To take part and/or provide relevant training
- To be responsible for the supervision, support and guidance of other staff
The successful candidate will have to a apply for a DBS
You'll be successful if you have:
• A Child workforce DBS, on the update service - we can support you through the process of applying for one if you do not already have one.
• Confidence in working with challenging behaviour and experience with ASD
• Enthusiasm and confidence to work in this environment.
Please note. We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00.